Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Finished 10 minutes ago!!!

Hello fellow stitchers...I don't have to go on and on about the joys of completing a project; especially one that has taken a really long time. I have just finished the Halloween Fairy. She's been 99% completed for a while except for the beading in the moonbeams and around the hem of her dress. I just couldn't bring myself to finish her, but I just buckled down and voici! I thought about stitching in some wings but thought it might be a bit too much what with all the beads around her head and shoulders. Frankly, I think that the design has too many beads...a perfect example where less would have been more. Still, a lovely design. This was published in September 2008 issue of Cross-Stitch & Needlework Magazine and designed by Nora Corbett.

I am now debating whether I should invest even more money in having it professionally framed or try framing it myself?

I'd treat myself to an icecream as a reward for my discipline but I am dieting. I will have a bit of sherry, instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment