Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Monday, September 12, 2011

WIPs


The one on top is Cross Stitch and Needlework magazine's "Halloween Fairy" and the bottom one is "This is the Day" from Just Cross Stitch magazine. This bottom one is my very first sampler and I must say that I now understand the appeal of samplers. I am a rather sloppy stitcher and find myself compensating for errors, hence the tree in the sampler is very different from the one in the chart. Although I thought it looked better. This sampler is worked on 40 count linen - my first time using such fine count but likely not my last, now that I know that I can do it. It has some areas worked over one and guess what? Its virtually impossible to frog anything worked over one thread on 40 count!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment