Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hamster Babies

Hello everyone,

Wanted to share a picture of the hamster babies. It's been a fascinating thing to watch them mature. At about day 14, some of the babies were noted to be eating hamster food that She-ra had brought to their nest. At about day 17, they were all eating solid food and She-ra had been decreasing their nursing time. This is also the day that they started opening their eyes for any length of time. Fortunately, when I took this picture today (day 18) they were not yet fully weaned and I managed to snap this pic of the little family nursing. Very cute. There are 5 babies and one of babies is rather a go-getter. It runs around looking for food and things to climb, careless of its siblings that may be underfoot. There is one that is the opposite, more of a runt. Its the smallest and most likely to cry out to its dam for a bit of nursing - its also unlikely to run around the cage, preferring to eat whatever is laying in its vicinity within VERY easy reach.  I didn't think it would make it, but it did...the squeeky hamster gets the nurturing?

No comments:

Post a Comment