Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Christmas Ornament just finished

Greetings to my stitchy friends out there! I finished a Christmas Ornament from the November issue of The Gift of Stitching emagzine. I have also posted pics of a few WIPs and another finished Christmas Ornament. I will likely spend the next few weeks stitching ornaments and cards so these WIPs are just going to have wait!

This is the little one from Michael's craft store.

This is the one from TGOS - Gingerbread Christmas. I made a few substitutions. Just too cute!

This one is from Little House Needleworks - Brave Hearts. I've substituted with Vicky's Hand-dyed Fibers. Stitched on Aida 14 count, Flax, I think.

This is one I started in October intending to have finished it my Thanksgiving, but I am nowhere near completion.Chart is by Lettie Eckberg of The Needle's Notion, published in Oct. 2007 The Cross Stitcher magazine. See below for progress.
I have substituted with Vicky's Hand-dyed Fibers which makes for a much more subtle effect.

Anyway, that's it for now. Hoping to have a few more ornaments completed in another week! Wishing all a wonderful stitching time.

Christina G

No comments:

Post a Comment