Today was spent finishing the two needle fobs that I have been working on. The first was for a challenge, and it does double duty as a needle keep. I forgot to add the ties for the closure so have used snaps instead. I don't like how the snaps look but I was not about to undo the whole thing. I used interfacing to line the stitching on the cover of the needle keep. I like the stiffness of it. I also substituted my initials for the hearts. This pattern is from the digital magazine The Gift of Stitching. Here are pics:
I also finished up this scissor fob by The Shepherd's Bush. There was not sufficient ribbon in the kit to allow for a long enough loop for the scissor and to make the ruche around the sides. There was more than sufficient threads and beads. I think it turned out pretty well, especially since this is the first time I have ruched ribbon like this.
That leaves only one more small to finish. Its a St. Patty's day themed biscornu with drawn thread work...another first for me. I have had many stitching firsts the last few months and its because of reading about and seeing what other stitchers are doing (and how).
Well, that's it for this post. Thank you for visiting and for inspiring me. Hope everyone has a lovely week filled with stitching and all good things. Hugs, Chris G