Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stitching Update - Announcement of Winners

Hello friends, I've another update with pics and announcement of the winners. Sorry for the late announcement, but have been under the weather and only worked a half day...and just plain forgot.

The winners are  Xeihua and Mab3500. I will be sending each winner one of the patterns and a few other treats.Congratulations and thank you all for participating. I've got up to the 50 mark for followers, so thank you for that as well. Winners, please contact me with your mailing addresses.

Below are a few pics of what I have been working on:

Above is Halloween Quaker...coming along nicely!

I
I sewed Give Thanks onto pre-made heart pillow with a hanging cord...how's that for finishing! Just fab! Especially since the pillow only cost me one dollar!

And this is my progress so far on the By the Bay fall SAL. Tres cute. I love the Dr. Seuss like trees.

Well, that's it folks! Keep on stitching!

Hugs,
Christina


18 comments:

  1. The Halloween Quaker is looking gorgeous and the "Give Thanks is stunning congratulations...
    I'm so happy that I won :D now I need to ask you where do you want me to send my mailing address... I was looking for your e-amil here on the blog but couldn't find it.... Thank you so much :D

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillow is beautiful and your WIPs are looking very nice. Hope you are feeling better now.

    Marl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little heart finish is adorable! Kudos for thinking outside the box. :)

    Your BTB SAL looks good. I just started mine last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meari. Had to frog half of the SAL last night and some of the tree...big mess. Might just move on with something else, at this point.

      Delete
  4. Give Thanks looks wonderful! I love the heart finish. Can't wait to see the finish on your Quaker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work! I really like the Quaker Halloween.

    - Lisa N.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay me! Now just cross your fingers that I get time to stitch that fabulous chart.
    I love that Give Thanks heart and I can't wait to see more of your wips.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Halloween Quaker looks great. I really like your substitutions - the added color really pops. Also, congrats on your finish, and your start on the BTB SAL. I have downloaded the first part, but I can't decide on a fabric for it yet. I you have done some beautiful work so far :)

    --shaunterria
    ca11i0pe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shaunterria. Been having problems with stitching the SAL...much frogging...am feeling like I should just stop stitching on it. Can't figure out whats wrong and frogged the hill last night only to learn my tree is off by two stitches (too thin)which is making a huge difference. Wahaah, I want my mommy!!

      Delete
  8. Love the colour changes on the quaker sampler - really bring it to life.. nice choice of fabric for the SAL, I've completed the summer one so am looking forward to doing this autumn one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am having some real issues with the Fall SAL, had to frog half last night...am not a happy camper...might just forget about it and move on at this point. =(

      Delete
  9. Everything looks great, but I especially love how the pillow turned out, and your colour change in the Halloween sampler. Anytime someone incorporates something from the purple family into a piece, I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Silent Girl. I think it turned out pretty nicely, too!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on your finishes!! I love the heart pillow...where did you get the $1 deal?! You made the right choice adding a pop of purple in Halloween Quaker...looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, got the pillow on sale at a JoAnn's fabric store. Was scared the stitching wouldn't fit but it did, barely!

      Delete