Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

STitch From Stash 2014 Update

I know! Another update but there aren't any rules really....Anyway here is a pic of current progress on Major Tree.

Stitch From Stash 2014 - Below are my supplies for the petal pincushion featured in JCS magazine, May/June issue 2014. This is my Stitch from Stash Project for March.  For March, I spent $1.99 for the fabric and $1.99 for the buttons. I had found some buttons from my stash but I liked these better. 

I spent nothing in January and February and this month I spent $ 4. Yahoo! 

I am using 32 count yellow linen from Wichelt. The green and pink floss are DMC Variations, the brown floss is DMC Linen and the ric rac is form my stash as well as the green ribbon. I think this is going to turn out quite pretty. A bit different from the one in the magazine but still nice. Oh, I almost forgot, I have two bunny buttons that I bought somewhere last year and I thought one of them would look really cute on the inside of the pincushion.  I can't wait to start this, but am waiting until a fellow stitcher will be able to stitch along with me. 


Well that's it for now. Hope everyone is having fun stitching. 

Until the next time...adios!

Christina 

No comments:

Post a Comment