Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Stitch From Stash October 2014

Greetings to all!

Well, I have been a serious funk for over 6 weeks now. I have done absolutely no stitching for the last two. However, I did manage to not spend a single sent for October and its unlikely that I will spend anything for the rest of the year. I had decided in late September to work on my stash of prefinished items. I have afghans, bibs, napkins, place mats, bookmarks, coasters, aprons, little totes, sachets, towels and others I can't think of right now. I decided to start stitching on a tea towel and use a pattern from the book pictured below.


I have had this book for YEARs and have never made anything in it, but I have always admired a flower border in it and so have decided to stitch it up. This is an awesome book and I recommend it as part of any well stocked stitching library.

SNF -  So far this year for SFS:

Oct $0
Sept $16
Aug $20
July $ 7
June $17.25
May $0
April $9
March $4
February $0
Jan $0
I want to thank Mel for the opportunity to win protectors for my Q snaps. I received my "gift" on Friday and it was perfect! Thank you Mel. I would send a note to the sender but the postage covers the address and I couldn't get it off without destroying the packaging. The sender also threw in a few skeins of silk and Rainbow sparkly thread! Thank you!

On a separate note, I just saw an advertisement in JCS magazine saying that Sulky has added another 80 colors to their Sulky Petite range of threads....tres kewl! I love these threads..when it comes to neat and tidy finishes, they can't be beat! See my earlier post to read my review of these threads, here.

That's it folks! Hope everyone is preparing for the long winter ahead and for those in the southern hemisphere, yay summer!

Hugs,

Christina


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad it arrived safely I'm just sorry it took me so long to send it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I loved the fabric you picked...very "firey" and "hot", like me, LOL!

      Delete
  2. Kudos on your resolve to SFS. I was doing good until September/October. I attribute it to grieving and wanting to feel better so I shopped. Bad girl, I know.

    Looking forward to seeing your towel stitched up. I've never seen that book before. I have quite a few books... even stitched out of a few of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its understandable. When I am upset, I can't focus to stitch either, which explains the funk that I have been in. I am stitching something for my neighbor's ward across the street but that's about it. It will take time and you will be back to yourself, but with a heavier heart, if that makes sense.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think I did awesome with this exchange and look forward to next year's challenge as well!

      Delete