Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

SFS-A 2015 March Update

Hello all my stitchy friends,

I haven't done much stitching the last month. I did start on a pattern that was showcased in Just Cross Stitch a few years ago, called Elegant Pumpkins. This was not part of my master plan but had some business travel and nothing handy to take with me so I took this monstrosity. Pic below from magazine. I bought this as a kit when the Martha Pullen web site sold JCS kits..and it was on sale! It's from my stash, of course.

As far as SFS goes:

Jan - spent $0
Feb - spent $19.99
March -  spent $0 from Budget amount of $25. 
Carrying forward I have $25 from Jan and $25 from March and the $5 from Feb for a total of $55. 




This is actually the most complicated pattern I will have ever undertaken. Slow and steady is the motto and count twice, thrice if necessary. I started with the green pumpkin and I have been plodding along and quite enjoying it.

Well that's it for me, stitching wise.

For those of you enjoying an extended winter...this shall pass...eventually...maybe?

Hang in there!

Hugs,
Christina

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful design
    Love love that
    Look forward to see some update pics from it
    Well done on your sfs buget

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Esmeralda. I will post pics with the next update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous design! Good luck with all the counting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justine, I need all the luck I can get!

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Justine. A mistake in this could really cause a lot of ripping out of stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous piece you started! Great job with the budget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Lot's of unusual designs in the magazine Just Cross Stitch...LOL.

      Delete
  7. Wow, that's a real big design. And it is looking so great.
    Well done on the SFS Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Brigitte. I put it down this weekend to stitch on something smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's starting to look like spring here, too. At least it's sunny! I've been able to get out on some lunch hours walks.

    Good job on SFS. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the newest WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Christina. I personally counted upwards to seven times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mike! In this project, counting seven times might not be a bad idea!

      Delete