Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cranky!

I got home from work yesterday feeling tired and short-tempered. The drive  home took longer than usual and I was cranky (all over). I walked thru the front door and my kids were still working on their home work (sort of). I became quite exasperated because I had previously told them to make sure it was done by the time I got home. Well, I took a deep breathe, smiled at them, gave them hugs and asked what they had done that day. In a matter of seconds, I felt better. Their chirpy little voices making me feel good (all over). Of course, an ounce of Pinch Scotch worked wonders, as well.

After fixing a quick dinner of spaghetti and meatballs (where would we be without spaghetti and meatballs??) we sat around the table and discussed the plans for the forthcoming days and the projects and tests that they were preparing for. A headache started coming on but onward I pressed.

After dinner, the kids and I retired to my sewing room so they could complete their homework in my ever watchful presence and I could work on my Halloween Fairy. We chatted and laughed and giggled and managed to complete the home work - eventually - and made quite a dent in the Fairy.

It was a rather late night for the girls, as they were up until 9 pm, but all in all, we had a lovely time together. My eldest even managed to lay down a few beads - about which she was very excited. I sat in my chair and looked down at the girls, which were on the floor working on their various assignments, and I felt an utter sense of peace and contentment and yes, accomplishment. I found myself thinking, that life didn't get much better than this. It had been an absolutely perfect evening, headache and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment