Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Recently finished ornaments

Greetings fellow stitchers! Hope your fingers are busily stitching away and that you are having fun, too. Below are pics of two of my three finishes. I will post pic of the third tomorrow as I am displaying that one on my desk at work.
Some of you that are members of the Yahoo Group "The Friendly Stitchers", might have heard me wailing about the difficult time I had finishing this into an ornament. Well, here it is. I can criticize where it all went wrong but I won't. The one achievement that I can sincerely talk about is that the pattern called for evenweave fabric and I decided to put this on Aida....the words are supposed to be done over one so that I actually pierced the Aida fibers to make it happen. It actually looks really good, surprisingly so. In case you can't tell, the shape is lop-sided, among other things. This patter is from The Gift of Stitching, November 2011 issue.

This is the first Little House Needleworks design that I have stitched. Its just adorable. Those of you familiar with the chart will recognize an error...hmmm...where is the error? Its not the thread substitions that I made, as follows: DMC 221 substituted with DMC 3678, DMC 433 substituted with DMC 801, Crescent Colours substituted with DMC 935, 937 and 3051. You can't see it in the picture but I used one thread of shimmery white DMC to lay over the mounds of snow and the snow on the trees so that they glisten.

However did I get my hands on pine cones in Miami?? Funny you should ask, we collected them in the Smoky Mountains on our last trip there in August. The kids decorated them with sparkels and little bows. Its just not Christmas without pine cones!!

Here is a pic of my tree. It's covered in stitched ornaments and other trinkets. Its not very big but after it's decorated, I think it looks very GRAND!



Mouse, this is one is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment