Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

UFOs and a Valentine Finish

Greetings fellow stitchers, hope it's been a good week for all.  I finished a biscornu that I was making for the Friendly Stitchers Group Spring exchange. I didn't like the way it turned out. The linen was too drab and it was too quirky to share, so I am keeping it and working on another. Here is a pic of it. This is a freebie I got some where, maybe from the Free Patterns web site.
Below is a pic of my progress on my UFO. It's a freebie from Jane Greenoff. I almost done with this one. I might be able to finish it in another 2 sessions of stitching. Have been hitting the gym at night so less time for stitching but I feel great!
I just discovered an error (so what's so surprising about that?). I have an extra row on the right somewhere....am not frogging so I will figure out how to work around it.

And last but not least, here is a pic of the wonderful scented flosses I have been pining about for years. DMC put these out several years ago but they never made it to the states.  Probably due to some inane law against non-edible products smelling edible....our government's ever present concern for it's stupid citizenry's inability to differentiate the actual from not. Example - Some kindergartener was expelled from school for playing with a piece of pizza shaped like a hand pistol. Anyhow...I digress...here is the pic. Michelle AKA Mouse from the Friendly Stitchers group sent me these. She sent a pack of pink, blue and white and free collection of designs. Just wonderful! As you work with the thread, the scent is released. The pink smells like roses, blue like lavender and white like lily-of-the-valley. I am so psyched!!! I had to admit, that I felt compelled to chew on the blue one...JUST KIDDING!!!I hate paternalism.

Thank you Mouse! Mwah,mwah!

Anyway, that's it for now! Wishing all a successful week of stitching.  Hugs,

Christina G

No comments:

Post a Comment