Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stash for Sale and other tales

Greetings to all, Hope everyone has had a good week so far. Thank you to the followers that keep track of my little blog and special thanks to those of that leave comments.

For starters, I've added a Stash for For Sale Page (you should see the tab above on the title). It's a few things that I have had laying about that I thought someone else would like to have. Its mostly kits and leaflets. I invite you to browse.

On the stitching front, I have been working like a fiend to finish "As the Crow Flies". As is typical of me, I am bored with it already and just want done with it. I am plotting along and it won't be too many days until it is all stitched up. Here is a pic of it to date.


This next pic is one I started just about the same time I started As the Crow Flies and its called Berry Patch Rabbit by Cedar Hill. It calls for R&R Sea Fog but I've put it on Charles  Craft Light Sea Foam 14 ct Aida. It's turning out rather interesting, don't you agree? (Interesting is the adjective I use when I don't want to say STRANGE.) It is a rather handsome rabbit, however. Wish I could get better pics but can't with the camera that I have. Soon, I shall get myself one that can zoom all the way in.



We've got cows in my town that stay on undeveloped land to protect the agricultural designation of the property. I thought to share a few pics of them. We like to feed them apples and carrots but they prefer the carrots. They have different personalities and preferences and are just so lovable. The reason why we Miami Lakers are so enamored of our cows is that this is one of the last places in the entire county where one can find cows.We had lots of cows all over the town on agricultural land but as developers purchased these for building homes, the number of cows has decreased. Miami Lakes is on property that was owned by the Graham Family and they used to be dairy farmers, so its part of the town history, as well. One of the roads is called Graham  Diary Road. The Graham family still owns bits of land, I believe. We urbanites are just tickled pink by these cows.




I took the cow pics in the hopes of charting one but then I thought, gee, there must be at least a gazillion charts of cows out there...I am sure I can tweak one to better match the background of my town.

OK, now on to my hamsters, which I haven't discussed in a long time. Well, they are just as much fun as a barrel of monkeys...NOT. Sure, they are cute and all, but what a racket they make on those gosh-darned wheels in the middle of the night. Of the three I have, one has become an escape artist and has managed to be able to open the top of their tower...yes, she pushes it around with her snout until it's lose and then she pushes up and off it comes and out she goes...aahhh, freedom at last, sweet freedom. Of course, I find her again right quick cause of the racket and pop, back in she goes. Today, I found her and the other one breaking out. Seems she taught her sister how to escape. I finally used tape to keep the top on - a weight won't work as the top is dome-shaped and a weight falls.  They are also fighting, well, the one sister and the mommy are. Vicious horrible fights wherein they must be separated, so...yep, you guessed it, I have purchased yet more habitats and trails for them to live in and be able to escape each other if need be.

Here is a pic of one of the hamsters....aw, isn't she cute all sleepy, sleepy and peaceful. This one actually burps and passes a lot of gas so it doesn't get held too often, poor little mite.


Well, that's it for now! I have to go to bed but really really would rather stitch until the sun came up!

Comments are welcomed and enjoyed! Hugs to all. xoxoxoxo Chris G

No comments:

Post a Comment