Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Stitchy news...at last!

Hello friends,

I have finally decided to use a phone to take a few pics of the summer's finishes and a few other things. I have never finished these many projects in a few months and must admit that the other stitchers on my Yahoo groups keep me going. Well, without further ado, I give you my projects!

 The above is Permin's Moonlit Boats. I started this a few years ago but didn't really work on it in earnest till a few months ago...and voila. Love it.
 The above is Rabbit in the Berry Patch....I may have up-loaded this one before, I forget now. This was an easy stitch and I just enjoyed it so very much. It's by Cedar Hill Designs. I used Charles Craft Sea Mist in 14 ct Aida. The chart called for R&R Reproductions See Fog.

 You've seen this one before, tried for a better pic with little improvement. Its As the Crow Flies by The Prairie Schooler. This one was weird cause sometimes I liked the simple lines and blocks of colors and other times I thought "Oi vey...when will I finish this all ready?!!"

 The above is Quaker Halloween by Jardin Prive. I have substituted everything. Am using WDW in Grits and Onyx, DMC 208 for purple and 4124 added for a spot of color. Time will tell, but I think the orange is too bright. This one is moving right along after a bit of initial frogging.
 The above is a freebie from DMC - don't think it's still available in their Club. You can't tell but this is on a lovely muted yellow, called Pumpkin by R&R Reproductions. Color is similar to the inside of a pale pumpkin.


Well, that's it. Oh, wait. My blog is one year old all ready and I want to do a give-away just in time for Christmas or Winter stitching. I am giving away Wee Candy Cane by Heart in Hand and Pine Tree Inn by Little House Needleworks. Links to pics here: Wee Candy Cane and Pine Tree Inn. I will throw in some trim, fabric and other little surprises.

Rules:
Be a follower and leave a comment for one entry into the drawing. Post about the giveaway in your blog or other site and get another entry (and let me know the site for verification).

The drawing shall be held on October 10th.

I shall post the name of the winner on this blog on October 10th, so please come back to see if you have won (or make sure I have your email so I can notify you).

Am I missing anything?

Now I can say "that's it"!

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.

Hugs,

Chris G

No comments:

Post a Comment