Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Stitching from Stash 2014 Update for May

Hello fellow stitchers,

Hope everyone is starting to feel a bit of Spring in the air.

I've got a finish related to SFS 2014 challenge. I just finished Major Tree by AAN Designs. Pics below. I've enjoyed this very much.




My May SFS project is Sharon Pope's sampler "The Pedigree of Honey". I started this over the week end and have completed the bee skep and the right-hand vase. I haven't a pic of my work but below is a pic of the sampler. I am hoping to finish this within a month. I might start something for Christmas afterwards...am not sure.


I am also still working on the Petal pin-cushion from JCS but the construction directions have errors so it has not been fun.

So far here is what I have done for the SFS challenge:

Jan - spent 0
Feb spent 0
March spent $4
April spent $9
May spent 0

Not bad at all. How am I doing so well? Other than my other tips that I posted previously, I have not visited any shops in months. As you might know, I travel thru Florida and SC quite a bit and would routinely drop into Local shops and spend a few bucks. I stopped doing that for this challenge and even though I was sorely tempted to drop into "A Stitch In Time" in Jacksonville, I just didn't. Almost ran into the Hobby Lobby in Daytona but I resisted...my mind is stronger than my...mind. HAhaaahaaa.

OK, well, that's it for now and wishing everyone happy stitching moments!

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment