Pages

About the blog

Welcome to my blog. The main focus of this blog is to share my explorations into handmade goods, mostly of the needlework kind. My interests are varied and include reading fantasy and urban paranormal romance, cross stitching and keeping hamsters. I must inform you that all of the pics and text on this blog are copyright protected unless otherwise stated and are not to be used in any other written or pictorial form without written permission from me. I give credit to the creator of the chart or the publication that published them in the caption. If you feel I have infringed on a copyright, please contact me ASAP. Whew..OK, now on to the fun...Thank you and Welcome.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Why do I do these things??

Hi, fellow stitchers, hoping everyone's needles are flying! Mine are not right now. Time has been spent shopping for school and running around trying to find a nice shelter dog to adopt. We got lucky this past Sunday and found this adorable beagle and Staffordshire Bull terrier mix. He is so sweet  we love him already. I've been busy buying supplies and fixing up his crate. He is sick - kennel cough - and on antibiotics but otherwise he is fine.

So, we now have hamsters, a cockatiel and now a dog. I am used to it because before the girls were born, I always had multiple animals. I remember one year we had a python, a greyhound, a rabbit, an iguana, a peach-fronted conure and two cats....aah, good times, good times.

Here is a pic of Chester ( I call him Buddy Boy) on his first introduction to the neighborhood. Poor little mite is so cautious and scared. I can't wait to see his true personality shine thru but I hope he's not bonkers - I've had bonkers and it ain't no fun.



Now on to stitching. See below for my latest finish. I had actually left this behind in a hotel room and it was returned to me by the manager earlier this week, so I am very glad indeed.



Autumn in New York by Primrose Needleworks, with some changes, of course.

Well, that's it folks! Y'all enjoy what's left of summer..wish we had an autumn here in Miami. = (

4 comments:

  1. Your new dog is adorable! Very cute finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chester is a cute dog. I'm impressed that the hotel returned it to you. Kudos to them! Congrats on your finish. Is it to be framed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty...I love the colors of this....great progress as well. Your Dog is so pretty.

    Happy Stitching
    Linda K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your WIP..it is so pretty...love the colors.

    Happy Stitching
    Linda K

    ReplyDelete